- Ohio State at Michigan
- Texas A&M at LSU
- Clemson at South Carolina
- Georgia at Georgia Tech
- Alabama at Auburn
- Colorado at Utah
- Oklahoma at Oklahoma State
- Wisconsin at Minnesota
- Baylor at Kansas
- Rutgers at Penn State
- Florida State at Florida
- Oregon State at Oregon
- Stanford at Notre Dame
- Iowa at Nebraska
- Cincinnati at Memphis
- Boise State at Colorado State
- Iowa State at Kansas State
- Virginia Tech at Virginia
- Appalachian State at Troy
Ohio State at Michigan odds
[table id=933 /]
Ohio State Preview
After beating Penn State last week, the Ohio State Buckeyes are the new No. 1 in the College Football Playoff rankings. In talking about why OSU jumped LSU this week, selection committee chairman Rob Mullens cited the Buckeyes’ consistency and elite play on both sides of the ball — Ohio State leads the nation in scoring (49.4 points per game) and scoring defense (10.5 points allowed per game). Ohio State has shown no weaknesses so far, winning every game by double digits, and it could have two Heisman finalists in quarterback Justin Fields (33 touchdown passes, one interception) and defensive end Chase Young (16 1/2 sacks) … and running back J.K. Dobbins (1,446 yards) isn’t far behind.
Michigan Wolverines Preview
Coach Jim Harbaugh’s team didn’t make a serious run, as many expected, at the College Football Playoff, but it is peaking at the right time. Michigan has won four in a row by an average of 30.25 points, and that hot streak includes triumphs over rivals Notre Dame and Michigan State. But it’s the program’s biggest rival that continues to vex the maize and blue, as Michigan has lost seven consecutive games to the Buckeyes while Harbaugh is the first coach to lose his first four encounters with OSU. Michigan will look to senior quarterback Shea Patterson (22 passing TDs, five rushing scores), freshman running back Zach Charbonnet and a salty defense (16.2 points allowed) to deliver that long-awaited breakthrough.
- Michigan is 4-1 ATS at home this season
- Michigan is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when they have played more than 6 games on the season
- Ohio State is 8-2 ATS this season
- Ohio State is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when their opponent passed for more than 250 yards last game
- The Under is 6-1 in the last 7 Ohio State games when their opponent has a home winning streak of more than 2 games
Texas A&M at LSU odds
[table id=934 /]
Texas A&M Aggies Preview
The Aggies will be facing a highly ranked team for the fourth time this season after playing (and losing to) Clemson and Alabama when those two teams were No. 1 earlier in the season. The Aggies also lost to No. 4 Georgia 19-13 last week, but coach Jimbo Fisher wasn’t about to accept any “moral victories,” saying his team has to “get over the hump and find a way to make that one more play.” Quarterback Kelly Mond (2,710 yards passing, 392 running) gives them a chance. He passed for 287 yards and six touchdowns in the Aggies’ wild 74-72, seven-overtime win over the Tigers last year.
LSU Tigers Preview
LSU can’t forget the 2018 encounter when Texas A&M won at the end of seven overtimes, helped by a pass interference call on Greedy Williams on the final two-point try. A&M converted the retry and escaped, 74-72. Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire pointedly said, “We owe those guys a lot from last year.” With 1,146 yards rushing this season, Edwards-Helaire figures to have a much bigger role than in the 2018 meeting when he got only three carries for 3 yards. But motivation mostly comes from looking ahead and keeping on track for the College Football Playoff behind Heisman-favorite quarterback Joe Burrow (4,014 passing yards, 41 TDs).
- LSU is 1-3-1 ATS at home this season
- LSU is 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 games when their opponent is averaging more than 250 pass yards per game
- Texas A&M is 3-3 ATS at home this season
- Texas A&M is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when they have played more than 6 games on the season
- The Over is 5-1 in the last 6 Texas A&M games when Texas A&M recorded less than 350 yards in their last game
Clemson at South Carolina odds
[table id=935 /]
Clemson Tigers Preview
Quarterback Trevor Lawrence has been on a tear after a comparatively slow start, completing 74.1 percent of his passes for 1,144 yards and 19 touchdowns his last seven games and throwing at least three touchdown passes in each of his past six outings. He also has a string of 111 consecutive pass attempts without an interception. The unbeaten Tigers will carry the nation’s longest winning streak (26 games) into the game and will be looking to cap a second consecutive 12-0 regular season when they travel to Columbia. They also have won their past five meetings in this in-state rivalry. Running back Travis Etienne is averaging a national-best 8.73 yards a carry while rushing for 1,335 yards.
South Carolina Gamecocks Preview
The South Carolina Gamecocks haven’t exactly cashed in on their double-overtime win at Georgia, having lost four of five games since then, including a loss to Sun Belt Conference member Appalachian State at home. Their only win in that stretch was a 24-7 thumping of SEC doormat Vanderbilt. The Gamecocks had a big game offensively last year against Clemson, when they passed for 600 yards and scored 35 points, but they gave up 56 points. Freshman quarterback Ryan Hilinski has had his moments this season but was only 16 of 41 passing for 175 yards in last week’s loss to Texas A&M.
- Clemson is 7-3 ATS this season
- Clemson is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when they have a home winning streak of more than 6 games
- South Carolina is 4-2 ATS at home this season
- South Carolina is 1-3 ATS on the road this season
- The Under is 5-0 in the last 5 South Carolina games when South Carolina has played more than 8 games on the season
Georgia at Georgia Tech odds
[table id=936 /]
Georgia Bulldogs Preview
The Bulldogs are big favorites over their in-state rival but know they can’t afford a misstep in their pursuit of a spot in the College Football Playoff. The Bulldogs have won the past two meetings and have a streak of nine consecutive wins over the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta. Statistics favor the Bulldogs in a big way. They have averaged 31.2 points a game, while the Jackets have yet to reach the 30 mark in any game. They also have averaged 413.4 yards in total offense to Georgia Tech’s 299.7. Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm is completing 63.4 percent of his passes for 2,131 yards and 17 touchdowns. He is 2-0 against the Jackets and passed for four touchdowns in last year’s meeting.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Preview
The Yellow Jackets are pinning their hopes on getting quarterback James Graham on an upswing. Since taking over as their starter in the fourth game, the redshirt freshman has sparked a win at Miami, played poorly in a loss at Pittsburgh, did well in defeat at Virginia and was lousy again in a loss at Virginia Tech. He is coming off a four-touchdown performance — three passing, one rushing — in a 28-26 win over North Carolina State last week. Running back Jordan Mason leads Tech’s running game with 862 yards. Mason will be up against a Georgia defense that has held foes to an average of 68.5 rushing yards per game.
- Georgia is 4-3 ATS at home this season
- Georgia is 3-0 ATS on the road this season
- The Under is 6-2 in the last 8 Georgia Tech games when Georgia Tech scored more than 13 points last game
Alabama at Auburn odds
Nov.30, 2019[table id=932 /]
Alabama Crimson Tide PreviewSophomore Mac Jones faces his first real test since replacing injured quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. In two starts, Jones has passed for 510 yards while completing 28 of 34 attempts, but that came against an Arkansas team that hasn’t won a SEC game in two years and Western Carolina, an FCS program. Jones has a fantastic surrounding cast that creates explosive plays, with speedy receivers that can turn short gains into long plays. Jaylen Waddle can also change games as a punt returner, averaging nearly 25 yards a return with a long of 77 yards. No title implications are riding on this Iron Bowl, but the Tide must win to have a chance to make the College Football Playoff for a sixth consecutive season.
Auburn Tigers Preview
Coach Gus Malzahn may look back on this season and lament missed opportunities; the Tigers’ losses at Florida, LSU and Georgia have come by a total of 20 points. But he also considers his team “battle-tested” after playing a schedule that has included five games against ranked opponents with a sixth coming up against Alabama. The strength of the team is a defensive line that features end Marlon Davidson (eight sacks) and tackle Derrick Brown, a finalist for major defensive awards. There will be a big spotlight on freshman QB Bo Nix, who has completed 57.6 percent of his passes for 2,193 yards, 14 touchdowns and six interceptions.
- Alabama is 2-1 ATS on the road this season
- Alabama is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games when their opponent averages less than 35 points per game
- Auburn is 8-3 ATS this season
- Auburn is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games when their opponent is averaging less than 190 rush yards per game
- The Under is 4-1 in the last 5 Auburn games when Auburn passed for more than 250 yards in their last game
Colorado at Utah odds
[table id=937 /]
Colorado Buffaloes Preview
Colorado has shown improvement in coach Mel Tucker’s first season, entering its regular-season finale needing an upset win to reach bowl eligibility for the first time since 2016. The Buffaloes are coming off tight wins over Stanford (16-13) and Washington (20-14), and they held the Huskies to just 238 total yards, a season-low for the Colorado defense. Senior quarterback Steven Montez has 2,651 passing yards this season and 9,553 for his career, and he has weapons on offense with all-purpose wideout Laviska Shenault (eight career 100-yard receiving games) and Tony Brown. They have combined for 1,419 receiving yards this season, a potential counter-punch to Utah’s great run defense.
Utah Utes Preview
Utah has won seven consecutive games and is one win away from back-to-back Pac-12 South titles, which would keep the Utes in the discussion for the College Football Playoff. A loss to Colorado gives the division title to Southern California, which holds the tiebreaker because it delivered the Utes their only loss back on Sept. 20. Utah is No. 1 in the nation in rushing defense (55.9 yards per game) and fourth in scoring defense (10.9), led up front by end Bradlee Anae. Utah loves to be physical and dominate on the ground with senior workhorse Zack Moss, whose blend of power, speed and wiggle has led to 1,158 yards this season. Utah is second nationally in time of possession (35:03 per game).
- Colorado is 1-3 ATS on the road this season
- Colorado is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when they recorded less than 450 yards in their last game
- Utah is 4-2 ATS at home this season
- Utah is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games when they are averaging more than 225 pass yards per game
- The Under is 5-1 in the last 6 Utah games when Utah has a winning percentage of more than .900 on the season
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State odds
[table id=938 /]
Oklahoma Sooners Preview
Oklahoma has locked up a spot in the Big 12 title game but remains on the fringes of the College Football Playoff and could use all the “eye test” it can get this week. The Sooners have won three in a row since an upset loss at Kansas State but have allowed 36.0 points per game in that four-game stretch. Oklahoma will mostly try to overwhelm opponents with a prolific offense (45.3 points per game) and do-it-all quarterback Jalen Hurts (3,184 passing yards, 1,156 rushing yards). Speedy wideout CeeDee Lamb is having an All-American season, averaging 21.7 yards per reception with 14 TDs.
Oklahoma State Cowboys Preview
Oklahoma State has surged into the rankings with four consecutive victories and is coming off a pair of games in which it allowed a total of 26 points. Granted, Kansas and West Virginia aren’t nearly in the same offensive class as Oklahoma, but the Cowboys’ defense should carry confidence into this matchup while the offense knows it can rely on Chuba Hubbard, the nation’s leading rusher at 166.5 yards per game. He has nine consecutive games with 100-plus yards and will take pressure off quarterback Dru Brown, who will start his second game for injured Spencer Sanders. Brown was 22 of 29 for 196 yards and two TDs against West Virginia.
- Oklahoma is 3-3 ATS at home this season
- Oklahoma is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games when they passed for less than 250 yards in their last game
- Oklahoma State is 9-2 ATS this season
- Oklahoma State is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games when they recorded less than 500 yards in their last game
- The Under is 5-0 in the last 5 Oklahoma State games when they have a win streak of more than 2 games
Wisconsin at Minnesota odds
[table id=939 /]
Wisconsin Badgers Preview
Wisconsin ripped off wins against Iowa, Nebraska and Purdue after a two-game conference skid and has reached the end of the regular season with a chance to win the Big Ten West, which it will do if it beats Minnesota. That’s incentive enough, but the Badgers also want to reclaim Paul Bunyan’s Axe, which was in their possession for 14 years before the Gophers snatched it away with a 37-15 win in Madison last season. Wisconsin’s formula hasn’t changed: Get ready for lots of running back Jonathan Taylor (1,685 yards, 18 touchdowns) in a battle to keep Minnesota’s offense off the field. Wisconsin leads the nation in time of possession (36:39 per game).
Minnesota Gophers Preview
Minnesota has ridden a diverse offense to the brink of a Big Ten West title, while still being within the realm of possibility for a spot in the College Football Playoff. That’s heady stuff for coach P.J. Fleck’s team, which has surged behind the breakout season of quarterback Tanner Morgan, who has 2,679 passing yards and 26 touchdowns. Meanwhile, Rodney Smith has rushed for 1,063 yards, and two wideouts — Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman — have each posted 1,000-yard seasons. The Gophers’ running game and quick read-option passing opens the big play when defenses bite too hard. Morgan is fourth nationally with 15.67 yards per completion.
- Minnesota is 6-4-1 ATS this season
- Minnesota is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when their opponent has a home winning streak of more than 2 games
- Wisconsin is 6-5 ATS this season
- Wisconsin is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when their opponent is averaging more than 170 rush yards per game
- The Over is 6-2 in the last 8 Wisconsin games when their opponent recorded more than 350 yards last game
Baylor at Kansas odds
[table id=940 /]
Baylor Bears Preview
The Baylor Bears’ surprising season will take them to the Big 12 title game, no matter what happens this week at Kansas. Coach Matt Rhule is preaching focus and keeping momentum after last week’s 24-10 victory over Texas wiped around the bad taste of the 34-31 come-from-ahead loss against Oklahoma. Rhule said he is team is as healthy as any could be right now, and that includes quarterback Charlie Brewer, who is expected to be fine after taking a hard hit and leaving last week’s game. Still, if Baylor gets up by a comfortable margin, Rhule will have to smart about Brewer, who has 2,753 passing yards with 29 total touchdowns, including a team-best 10 on the ground.
Kansas Jayhawks Preview
Coach Les Miles didn’t work miracles in his first season, but there is still a sense of optimism around the program, despite a 3-8 record and three consecutive losses, including the team’s 49th consecutive Big 12 road loss. Senior quarterback Carter Stanley is averaging 233.5 yards per game with 24 touchdowns, while sophomore running back Pooka Williams is part of a brighter future. He is coming off a 154-yard day at Iowa State, already has surpassed 2,000 career yards and draws raves from Miles, who claims Williams’ change-of-direction skills are “better than I have ever seen.” Williams will have to prove it against a stout Baylor team that leads the Big 12 in scoring defense (19.5 points per game).
- Baylor is 7-4 ATS this season
- Baylor is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when they have played more than 8 games on the season
- Kansas is 3-2 ATS on the road this season
- Kansas is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when opponent’s winning percentage is more than .700
- The Over is 4-1 in the last 5 Kansas games when they have a losing streak of more than 3 games
Rutgers at Penn State odds
Rutgers Scarlet Knights PreviewRutgers, unless it pulls off a major upset, is headed to a winless Big Ten record while it tries to figure out its coaching situation after firing Chris Ash early in the season. The Scarlet Knights have failed to gain any traction all season — shut out four times, including last week against Michigan State — and has had to play the bulk of the year with third-stringer Johnny Langan at quarterback. He’s completing 50.4 percent of his passes, with nine interceptions and four touchdowns. Running back Isaih Pacheco has been a bright spot, rushing for seven touchdowns and gaining 627 yards.
Penn State Nittany Lions Preview
Backup quarterback Will Levis helped spark a second-half comeback against Ohio State last week after he came in for an injured Sean Clifford (right hip) as the Nittany Lions got within 21-17 after being down 21-0. Penn State ultimately lost 28-17. Coach James Franklin said Tuesday that Clifford would be a game-time decision, adding that he could see Levis playing some role Saturday, even if Clifford gets the green light to start. Penn State’s senior class is going for its 41st victory, which would tie the 1997 seniors for the most ever with the Nittany Lions. Penn State’s stingy defense (14.8 points per game allowed, ninth in the nation), should easily win the day.
- Penn State is 5-5-1 ATS this season
- Penn State is 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games when their opponent recorded less than 400 yards last game
- Rutgers is 3-4 ATS at home this season
- Rutgers is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games when they have a road losing streak of more than 4 games
- The Over is 4-1 in the last 5 Rutgers games when Rutgers averages less than 15 points per game
Florida State at Florida odds
[table id=941 /]
Florida State Preview
Both Florida State quarterbacks — Wisconsin graduate transfer Alex Hornibrook and sophomore James Blackman — are healthy and available for interim coach Odell Haggins, who said which one starts against the Gators will be determined by their performance in practice this week. Hornibrook has passed for 986 yards in five games (three starts), Blackman 1,945 in 10 (eight starts). Blackman threw for 246 yards in last week’s rout of Alabama State. Haggins also said that running back Cam Akers (1,042 yards rushing in 10 games) will be available after missing last week with an undisclosed injury. Both teams rely heavily on their passing game, as they averaged less than 140 yards rushing.
Florida Gators Preview
The Gators are looking for a clean sweep at home after winning their first five outings at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium and will be seeking to end a four-game losing streak to the Seminoles in The Swamp. The last time the Gators beat the ‘Noles in Gainesville, Tim Tebow was playing quarterback and threw for three touchdowns in a 37-10 Florida win. Kyle Trask is the quarterback this year and has had great success since taking over for the injured Feleipe Franks. Trask has completed 66.8 percent of his passes for 2,293 yards and 21 touchdowns. The tough Gators defense has limited opponents to just 193.0 passing yards per game, with 38 sacks and 15 interceptions.
- Florida is 4-2-1 ATS at home this season
- Florida is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when they passed for more than 300 yards in their last game
- Florida State is 4-6-1 ATS this season
- Florida State is 1-2-1 ATS on the road this season
- The Over is 4-1 in the last 5 Florida State games when their opponent passed for more than 300 yards last game
Oregon State at Oregon odds
[table id=942 /]
Oregon State Beavers Preview
Oregon State will try again to become bowl eligible after narrowly missing last week, when it fell at Washington State 54-53 as the Cougars scored a touchdown with two seconds left. The Beavers do seem to be on the rise in coach Jonathan Smith’s second season — the program hasn’t been to a bowl since 2013 — with three of their six losses coming by a combined seven points. There is some legit personnel here, including receiver Isaiah Hodgins (1,086 yards, 13 touchdowns) and edge rusher Hamilcar Rashed Jr., an explosive athlete who has 22 1/2 tackles for loss, including 14 sacks.
Oregon Ducks Preview
Oregon, with the Pac-12 North title in hand, will try to regroup after last week’s 31-28 upset loss at Arizona State knocked the Ducks from the College Football Playoff discussion. Quarterback Justin Herbert has looked the part of a first-round pick for much of the season, but four of his five interceptions have come in the past three games — including two in the second-half vs. ASU. Oregon’s defense was more stout earlier in the season; the Ducks have allowed 30-plus points in three of the past five games. But they have dominated the Civil War, winning 10 of the past 11 meetings against Oregon State and not losing to the Beavers in Eugene since 2007.
- Oregon is 6-4 ATS this season
- Oregon is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games when their opponent is averaging more than 120 rush yards per game
- Oregon State is 5-0 ATS on the road this season
- Oregon State is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games when they have a losing record
- The Over is 13-3 in the last 16 Oregon State games when their opponent scored less than 28 points in their last game
Stanford at Notre Dame odds
[table id=943 /]
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Preview
It’s full speed ahead for Notre Dame, which is aiming for its third consecutive 10-win season while keeping alive hopes of a New Year’s Six bowl game. All of that requires the Fighting Irish to end a five-game losing streak at Stanford, not wining there since 2007, when Jimmy Clausen was their quarterback. Ian Book is writing his name in ND lore after last season’s Playoff appearance, throwing this year for 2,532 yards while rushing for 487 and four scores. He passed for 278 yards and four touchdowns in last year’s 38-17 over the Cardinal. Wide receiver Chase Claypool has 10 TD receptions among his team-high 56 catches.
Stanford Cardinal Preview
Stanford will miss the postseason for the first time since 2008 and it limps into its season-finale. Injuries to quarterback K.J. Costello has been a big part of a disappointing season, and he has been ruled out of this week’s contest because of a lingering thumb injury. He appeared in just five games this season. Sophomore Davis Mills, who has four interceptions in the past two weeks in losses to Washington State and Cal, is expected to start again and face a Notre Dame defense that has given up just 54 points in a four-game winning streak. Stanford will also be without star cornerback Paulson Adebo and free safety Malik Antoine.
- Notre Dame is 7-4 ATS this season
- Notre Dame is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games when their opponent ran for less than 100 yards last game
- Stanford is 2-3 ATS at home this season
- Stanford is 0-5 ATS on the road this season
- The Over is 5-1 in the last 6 Stanford games when their opponent recorded more than 400 yards last game
Iowa at Nebraska odds
[table id=944 /]
Iowa Hawkeyes Preview
Iowa is trying to reach nine victories for the second consecutive year, powered this season by a defense that is fifth in the nation in points allowed (12.2 per game) and 13th in total defense (306.1 yards per game). The Hawkeyes have not allowed any opponent to score more than 24 points. They are getting just enough offense to have won four of their past five games while wondering “what-if” as their three defeats have come by a total of 14 points — all to ranked teams. Quarterback Nate Stanley is a veteran hand who has completed 59.8 percent of his passes for 2,639 yards, 14 touchdowns and six interceptions.
Nebraska Cornhuskers Preview
Nebraska is trying to salvage a postseason appearance out of a season that began with a No. 24 ranking in the AP poll and dreams of a Big Ten West title in coach Scott Frost’s second season. That didn’t happen, but the Cornhuskers reached the five-win level with a 54-6 victory over Maryland last week to snap a seven-game skid. The future is still built around sophomore quarterback Adrian Martinez, one of the top dual threats in the country (1,906 passing yards, 582 rushing yards), and his feet could be even more valuable on an expected cold, rainy day in Lincoln.
- Iowa is 6-5 ATS this season
- Iowa is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games when they are averaging less than 150 rush yards per game
- Nebraska is 2-9 ATS this season
- Nebraska is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games when they have played more than 8 games on the season
- The Under is 4-0-1 in the last 5 Nebraska games when Nebraska is averaging more than 190 rush yards per game
Cincinnati at Memphis odds
[table id=945 /]
Cincinnati Bearcats Preview
The Bearcats have clinched the East Division but will be playing to sew up home-field advantage for the American Athletic Conference title game with a win over the Tigers. The Bearcats haven’t lost since taking a 42-0 beating from Ohio State in the second game of the season, but they have squeaked by their last two opponents. A field goal as time ran out gave them a 20-17 win at South Florida and then last week they returned a blocked extra point for two points that turned out to be the decisive margin in a 15-13 win over Temple. Quarterback Desmond Ridder has struggled with an injured shoulder and thrown for only 140 yards in the last two games combined.
Memphis Tigers Preview
Even coach Mike Norvell doesn’t shy away from calling the game against AAC East champ Cincinnati a “must-win” for his Tigers. Win, and the Tigers clinch the West Division and get a date at home against the Bearcats for a second consecutive week when they host the AAC title game. Lose to Cincinnati on Friday and the Tigers will have to rely on Houston upsetting Navy to win the West, and they also would have to go to Cincinnati for the championship game. Quarterback Brady White has passed for 3,034 yards and running back Kenneth Gainwell has rushed for 1,294 for Memphis. They Tigers also have running back Patrick Taylor back from injury. He rushed for 95 yards and three touchdowns in last week’s 49-10 rout of South Florida.
- Cincinnati is 6-5 ATS this season
- Memphis is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games when their opponent is averaging less than 225 pass yards per game
- Cincinnati is 2-3 ATS on the road this season
- Memphis is 4-2 ATS on the road this season
- The Over is 7-0-1 in the last 8 Memphis games when Memphis is averaging more than 190 rush yards per game
Boise State at Colorado State odds
[table id=946 /]
Boise State Broncos Preview
Coach Bryan Harsin is dangling this motivational carrot in front of his team as it heads into the regular-season finale having wrapped up a spot in the Mountain West title game: An unbeaten conference record. That is something that the Broncos, somewhat surprisingly, have not accomplished in nine seasons in the league. They came in hot after pounding Utah State 56-21 last week behind third-string quarterback Jaylon Henderson. Harsin doesn’t talk much about injuries, so it’s unknown if Hank Bachmeier (shoulder) or Chase Cord (hand) will be available. Henderson, who has started the past two games, is 38 of 68 for 567 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception this season.
Colorado State Rams Preview
Colorado State comes in on a two-game losing streak, including a 17-7 Border War loss at Wyoming last weekend. The offense has had some moments in what will be a bowl-less season, with Patrick O’Brien throwing for 2,514 yards — including a pair of 400-yard games — with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions. His top target is junior wideout Warren Jackson, who has 69 receptions for 1,035 yards and seven touchdowns. The run defense needs to stiffen, though, as the Rams allow 205.4 yards per game on the ground, ranking 113th nationally, which could become important with snow expected on game day.
- Boise State is 7-4 ATS this season
- Boise State is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when their opponent scored less than 28 points in their last game
- Colorado State is 6-5 ATS this season
- Colorado State is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when their opponent is averaging more than 400 yards per game
- The Under is 4-1 in the last 5 Colorado State games when their opponent ran for more than 250 yards last game
Iowa State at Kansas State odds
[table id=947 /]
Iowa State at Kansas State Preview
Iowa State sophomore quarterback Brock Purdy is the reigning Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week after completing 29 of 42 passes for 372 yards, with four touchdowns and one interception, in a 41-31 win over Kansas. He’s had a superb season (3,575 passing yards and 26 touchdowns) that would be getting more recognition if the Cyclones hadn’t lost four games to ranked teams by a total of 11 points. Wide receiver Deshaunte Jones (70 catches, 822 yards) looks good to go after leaving last week’s game with a shoulder injury. Freshman running back Breece Hall balances the attack with four 100-yard efforts (and a 97-yard outing) in the past six games.
Kansas State Wildcats Preview
Kansas State, under first-year coach Chris Klieman, has a revived running game that helps the Wildcats control the ball for 34 minutes, 17 seconds on average. Quarterback Skylar Thompson is part of the ground success — he’s second on the team with 364 yards and 10 touchdowns — while passing for 2,134 yards with 12 touchdowns and only four interceptions. The Wildcats are feeling good heading into their final home game, having won seven games after being picked to finish ninth in the preseason Big 12 poll. K-State will be hoping to avenge last season’s 42-38 loss to Iowa State, which rallied from 17 down with 12:27 left.
- Iowa State is 6-4 ATS this season
- Iowa State is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games when their opponent scored more than 28 points in their last game
- Kansas State is 7-3 ATS this season
- Kansas State is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when they recorded more than 350 yards in their last game
- The Under is 13-4-1 in the last 18 Iowa State games when their opponent scored less than 42 points in their last game
Virginia Tech at Virginia odds
[table id=948 /]
Virginia Tech Hokies Preview
The ACC Coastal Division title will on the line when the Hokies take on the Cavaliers in the Commonwealth Cup matchup. The immediate “reward” for the winner will be a date with unbeaten Clemson in the ACC title game the next week, but a spot in the Orange Bowl may also be awaiting later. The Hokies haven’t lost to their in-state rival since joining the ACC in 2004 but needed overtime for their 34-31 win in Blacksburg last year. Defense has keyed the Hokies in their last two games, with last week’s 28-0 win over Pittsburgh following a 45-0 blanking of Georgia Tech in Atlanta. The Hokies also shut down a high-scoring Wake Forest team 35-17 before that.
Virginia Cavaliers Preview
The Cavaliers are trying to make their first appearance in the ACC Championship Game after starting 4-0 in league play. Conference losses at Miami and at Louisville slowed them a bit, but they have won their past three outings, including two over ACC opponents North Carolina and Georgia Tech. History does not favor the Cavaliers. They have played Virginia Tech twice at home with a chance to win the Coastal but lost both times — 33-21 in 2007 and 38-0 in 2011. Quarterback Bryce Perkins will challenge Tech’s defense as one of two players in the country with 2,625-plus passing yards and at least 520 rushing yards. Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts is the other.
- Virginia is 5-5-1 ATS this season
- Virginia is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games when they are spread underdogs by less than 7
- Virginia Tech is 7-4 ATS this season
- Virginia Tech is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when they have played more than 8 games on the season
- The Over is 6-2 in the last 8 Virginia games when their opponent passed for more than 150 yards last game
Appalachian State at Troy odds
[table id=949 /]
Appalachian State Mountaineers Preview
The Mountaineers can clinch home field for the Sun Belt Conference Championship game with a win over a Troy team that was expected to challenge them in the East Division but has faded and needs a win to qualify for a bowl. Unfortunately, the Mountaineers have lost receiver Corey Sutton (41 receptions, 601 yards) to a knee injury sustained in last week’s division-clinching 35-13 win over Texas State. Keishan Watson, a graduate transfer from Western Michigan, could play a bigger role. He has only seven receptions for 84 yards but caught his first touchdown pass last week. The big gun offensively for the Mountaineers remains running back Darrynton Evans with 1,168 yards rushing.
Troy Trojans Preview
The Trojans seemed to have things back on track after back-to-back wins over Georgia Southern and Texas State, but things went awry last week in a 53-3 beatdown from Sun Belt West winner Louisiana. Now the Trojans need a win to get to 6-6 and bowl eligibility. Even first-year coach Chip Lindsey had to acknowledge the Trojans are “not where we want to be.” Quarterback Kaleb Baker will be trying to bounce back after failing to have a touchdown pass in a game for the first time this season while throwing a pair of interceptions in last week’s loss to the Ragin’ Cajuns.
- Appalachian State is 7-4 ATS this season
- Appalachian State is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games when their opponent is averaging more than 225 pass yards per game
- Troy is 4-7 ATS this season
- Troy is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games when they have a losing record
- The Under is 4-1 in the last 5 Troy games when Troy are spread underdogs by more than 5