Big Ten Odds Report: Maryland is in First, But Should You Bet on Them?
Another crazy week of Big Ten basketball has come and gone and
the 9th ranked Maryland Terrapins (19-4, 9-3 B10) have unseated Michigan State at the top thanks to their wins over Rutgers and then ranked No. 20 Illinois.
The Terps have won six straight games and now sit at the top of the Big Ten standings all by themselves.
This week Maryland hosts a struggling Huskers team before a much-anticipated game against a Michigan State Spartans team in need of a win.
Oddsmakers presently have the Terps listed at +400 to win the Big Ten Tournament in March, with their odds to get a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament listed at +250.
If you want to lay a futures bet on the Terps to win the National Championship, they’re currently priced at +2000.
Maryland should not get very comfortable at the top however, as five teams are within a game and a half of them in the conference standings, shaping up a very close race for the regular season championship and what should be an incredible conference tournament.
Best Sports Books 2020
The Big Ten Odds for the Trio of Ranked Teams
Have We Mentioned the Big Ten is Really, Really Good?
Michigan State began the season as the #1 team in the land. This week they are unranked.
Rutgers is 17-7, 16-0 at home and in sixth place!
Michigan and Ohio State were both ranked in the Top 5 at one point this season, and now are both unranked and sub .500 in conference – yet each are still +1000 to win the Big Ten Tournament.
As of this writing, the only teams unlikely to get into the NCAA Tournament from the Big Ten are 7-16 Nebraska and 6-16 Northwestern.
The rest of the conference may get into the field of 68.
That’s 12 teams out of 14, and that’s the depth of this conference.
If you’re just transitioning over to college basketball after a long football season, you’re going to want to watch as many Big Ten games as you can – the conference is that good this year.
Big Ten Odds and Big Ten Betting Nuggets
- Maryland is 6-1 ATS in their last seven games
- Penn State is 5-0-1 ATS in their last six games
- Illinois UNDER is 3-1 in their last four games
- Iowa OVER is 5-2 in their last seven games
- Michigan State is 1-5 ATS in their last six conference road games
- Rutgers is 12-3 ATS in their last 15 games
- Purdue is 1-6 ATS in their last seven conference road games
- Wisconsin UNDER is 5-2 in their last seven conference road games
- Minnesota UNDER is 5-1 in their last six games
- Ohio State is 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games
- Indiana is 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games
- Michigan is 3-1 ATS in their last 4 games (after 0-4 ATS run)
- Nebraska OVER is 6-1 in their last 7 games
- Northwestern UNDER is 6-3 in their last 9 games