Big East Odds Report: Seton Hall in Command of a Loaded Big East
By: Brent Booher
The Seton Hall Pirates (18-5, 10-1 Big East) took a commanding three–game lead in the conference after defeating then 10th ranked Villanova in Philadelphia on Saturday.
The Pirates were led by senior guard Myles Powell, and now not only do they have dreams of their first Big East championship since 1993, but a long run in the NCAA Tournament is certainly not out of question either.
If you’re unaware about Seton Hall basketball this season, you may want to take a crash course really quickly.
The Big East preseason co-favorites are a team filled with upperclassmen, led by the aforementioned Powell and fellow seniors Quincy McKnight and Romaro Gill, Seton Hall has serious Final Four potential.
From a betting perspective, the Pirates have been very good to bettors this season as they’ve gone 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 outings.
Vegas oddsmakers have listed Seton Hall as +1200 favorites to win the NCAA Tournament.
Due to state law in New Jersey, you’re unable to wager on the Pirates in the state of New Jersey. But if you’re able to bet on Seton Hall, you should definitely consider them for the rest of the season.
Best Sports Books 2020
The Big East Odds for all the 7-4 Teams
Similar to boarding a flight, the Big East can really be separated into three groups right now.
First-class is Seton Hall. They stand all by themselves.
Coach would be Butler, Providence and Xavier. More on them a little later.
Business class? That’s where you’ll find a trio of teams with identical 7-4 records in Big East conference play.
Big East Odds and Big East Betting Notes
- Seton Hall is 6-0 straight up & 5-1 ATS in away conference games this season
- Creighton UNDER is 4-1-1 in away conference games this season
- Villanova UNDER is 4-1 in last five games
- Marquette OVER is 5-2 in last seven games
- Butler is 1-6-1 ATS in last eight games
- Providence UNDER is 4-0-1 in last five games
- Xavier UNDER is 4-1-1 in last six games
- Georgetown is 3-7-1 ATS in conference play
- St. John’s UNDER is 10-3 in last 13 games
- DePaul UNDER is 4-1 in last five games