NFL Week 12 Best Bet: Run it Up at the Meadowlands
The Play: Over/Under: OVER 46.5
Oakland rookie running back Josh Jacobs has been solid all season and is approaching 1000 yards on the campaign to go along with his already seven rushing touchdowns. Derek Carr is turning into a more-than-solid game manager and tight end Darren Waller has been a pleasant surprise with his 56 catches and almost 700 yards receiving.
On the Jets side of the ball, quarterback Sam Darnold had his first career four touchdown performance last week while taking down the Washington Redskins. Darnold has led the Jets to two straight wins and Gang Green has put up back–to–back 34 point games. Free agent wide receiver from Washington, Jamison Crowder, Is breaking through as Darnold’s go–to guy; Crowder has 53 receptions and has scored in three straight games.
Some More Reasons the Over is Our NFL Best Bet of Week 12
- In six of the last eight Jets games, the winner of the game has scored at least 29 points
- In five out of the last six meetings between these two foes, the total has gone over with an average score in those games of 52
- The total has gone over in nine of the last 11 Raiders games that were played on the east coast,
- The total has gone over in six of the last eight Raiders road games
- The Raiders have played four road games this season and all four went over 46 points (48 in Minnesota, 55 in Indy, 66 in Green Bay, and 51 in Houston).
All in all, I think this game is going to come down to the Raiders offense. Knowing that, I’m looking for Derek Carr to exploit the Jets 21st ranked pass defense and to get free agent pickup wide receiver Tyrell Williams more involved in the offense as points come out in bunches.
32 Oakland Raiders
28 New York Jets
Harry Gagnon spent 14 years as a Vegas Sportsbook Supervisor and holds a Communications degree from SUNY-Oswego. You might know him better as part of the Degenerate Trifecta on the award nominated betting podcast “Against All odds with Cousin Sal” on the Ringer Podcast Network. Feel free to find him on Twitter (@AAOHarry) and tweet him a message if you want to talk casinos, sports, or just shoot the breeze about betting in general cause, hey, that’s what Twitter is for, right?